How to Enrol
Lumen Christi Catholic College is a dynamic learning environment. We are dedicated to educating the whole person and to providing a diverse range of opportunities which enable young people to be the best they can be, whilst valuing the input of parents, carers and the wider community in this mission. Enrolment at Lumen Christi is open to all who are willing to support the philosophy, values and aims of Catholic schooling and students with special needs are welcomed at Lumen Christi.
Families who choose a Catholic school for their children do so on the understanding that they respect and agree to support the Catholic identity of the school and acknowledge the importance of religious education for their children. Parents and carers can read more about our Enrolment Policy here.
How to enrol your child ...
Once you've decided on Lumen Christi for your child's education, you will need to complete an online enrolment form. On completion of the form you will receive an email confirmation.
It's important to remember that successfully submitting an enrolment form does not guarantee your child's enrolment at Lumen Christi.
All Kindergarten students are required to attend an enrolment interview. Our Enrolment Officer will contact parents and carers of prospective Kindergarten students to arrange an interview date and time.
Students enrolling in other year groups may be required to attend an enrolment interview at the discretion of the College. If your child is required to attend an enrolment interview, our Enrolment Officer will contact you to arrange a date and time. Individual enrolment interviews will be held for interested families at a later date.
Meet the Principal Information Sessions
The College is conducting “Meet the Principal” Information Sessions throughout the year. These sessions are an opportunity to hear the Principal’s vision for the College and to ask any questions you may have about your child's education at Lumen Christi. Sessions will be conducted in small groups and run for approx 30 minutes. It is essential that you complete an enrolment application form before attending a Meet the Principal session. Please contact our Enrolment Officer if you would like more information about these sessions.
How will I know the outcome of my child's application?
The outcome of your application will be advised as soon as possible:
- If your application for enrolment is successful, a letter of offer will be sent by email. Acceptance of the offer is required within 14 days and is confirmed by signing the Enrolment Agreement.
- If a place is not available, your child’s name will be held on a waiting list unless you notify the College that you do not want to proceed with your application.
- If your application for enrolment is unsuccessful, you will be notified by email.
Kindergarten Enrolment Fee
A $200.00 Enrolment Fee is payable at the time of submitting your child’s Acceptance to Kindergarten. This Fee is credited to your Term 1 fees when you child commences school. Should you withdraw your child’s Kindergarten enrolment after making acceptance and payment, the fee becomes non-refundable.
Need to restart your enrolment application?
If you have already commenced your application but didn't get the chance to complete it, please use the access code link in the email you received when you first initiated your application.
Additional Support whilst at school ...
So we can best meet your child's needs and educational requirements it is essential that you advise your Enrolment Officer of any known physical, medical or learning needs at the time of making your enrolment interview.
Required Documents for 2021
List of documents you will need to provide at your child's enrolment interview:
- Student Code of Conduct Agreement - required for all Kindergarten to Year 12 enrolments. Please print and complete.
- Acceptable Network Usage Agreement - required for all Year 7 to Year 12 enrolments. Please print and complete.
- Birth certificate (not commemorative) or passport
- Certificate of Baptism (if applicable)
- Student’s immunisation records
- Family Law, Personal Protection Order or Other Relevant Court Orders (if applicable)
- Last report from previous school (not applicable for Kindergarten enrolments)
- Visa grant notice for permanent and temporary visa-holders (if applicable) – for both student and parent(s) / legal guardian(s), including passport copies of parents
- Any medical reports and/or other assessment reports for students with additional learning needs (if applicable).
College Handbook and more information
To find out more about Lumen Christi, please download our College Handbook or telephone our Enrolment Officer on 6495 8829.
|Enrolment Officer||Mrs Catherine Martino|
|Phone||02 6495 8829|